Develop and maintain network of institutions from various sectors of society through joint commitment, sharing of resources, and collaborative working relationships.
CVCHRD is the key catalyst in the generation of health research necessary for the equitable delivery of health services in the region.
Name and Domicile
The health research consortium shall be known as Central Visayas Consortium for Health Research and Development, hereinafter referred to as CVCHRD. CVCHRD shall hold its office at the DOST Region VII, National Government Center, Sudlon, Lahug, Cebu City.
The primary objective of the CVCHRD is to strengthen the system of collaboration in Region VII in order to develop and enhance the capacity of institutions within the region engaged and which has interest in health research, as a strategy to improve the health conditions of its people.
Specifically, the consortium aims to:
- Identify priority regional health problems for research;
- Identify and implement priority research programs and projects targeting identified priority health problems;
- Develop and/or enhance health research and development activities;
- Establish a system of collaboration and resource sharing in undertaking health researches;
- Generate resources for health researches consistent with the national and regional research agenda;
- Develop capability in human resources, facilities and other infrastructure for health researches;
- Promote the utilization of health research findings;
- Serve as clearinghouse for all health and health-related researches; and
- Develop mechanisms and implement strategies to ensure long-term viability of the CVCHRD