HEALTH SYSTEMS RESEARCH MANAGEMENT IN THE DOH
Funded by the Department of Health and managed by the Philippine Council for Health Research Development
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
DOH has articulated strategic directions in achieving Universal Health Care (UHC) or Kalusugang Pangkalahatan (KP). These include response to the needs and issues to assess the financial risk protection, commitment to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), and improve the health facilities to better serve the people.
Successful implementation entails deliberate action to mobilize resources for improving coverage and quality of interventions through partnerships/networks among all sectors. Evidence based information through research is a dynamic tool in the formulation of decision and policy making.
An alliance between DOH and PCHRD was forged
• To effectively implement the DOH Health Research Agenda, and
• To facilitate and manage research implementation in terms of identified DOH Research Agenda are implemented, disseminated and translated into action (policy formulation, program development and planning)
WHO CAN APPLY?
• Individuals or institutions
• Research team must have at least one content specialist required (well grounded understanding of health sector reforms, health economics, health financing, social sciences and policy development and program development)
• Project Leader has good research track record with minimum of 2 years experience in conducting research on the subject matter
WHAT KIND OF PROJECTS WILL BE FUNDED?
The Department of Health has identified several health research priorities that aim to respond to the pressing health needs of the people. The projects to be accepted for funding must be aligned with one specific topic on the research list (copy of the list and project description is available for download).
HOW TO SUBMIT?
Please be guided by the following schedules and deadlines:
1. Call for Capsule Proposals/Project Ideas - August 1 to 21, 2012
2. Deadline of Submission of Capsule Proposals/Project Ideas - August 22, 2012
3. Identification of Final Research Proponents - August 24, 2012
4. Submission of Research Proposals (with approved ethics review) – September 07, 2012
5. Technical Review Process for proposal with complete requirements - September 2012
6. Approval and Signing of MOA - October 2012
7. Research Project Implementation and completion- October 2012-December 2013
PROJECT DURATION AND BUDGET
The total number of Health Systems Research projects to be accepted by this program ranges from 40-60.
The following are the estimated project duration and budget of each of the 40-60 research projects:
3 months projects (40% or 16-24 research projects) - PhP0.3M to PhP0.5M
6 months projects (40% or 16-24 research projects) - PhP0.4M-PhP1M
12 months projects (15% or 6-9 research projects) - PhP0.8M to PhP1.5M
18 months projects (5% or 2-3 research projects) - PhP1M-PhP2M
All approved research projects must be completed before December 31, 2013.
Please address your queries to:
PHILIPPINE COUNCIL FOR HEALTH RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT
Rm. 306 DOST Bldg,
Science Community Complex,
Gen. Santos Ave. Bicutan
Taguig City 1631
Phone / Fax: (02) 837 75 35
Mobile Nos.: (0917) 812 19 12 / (0949) 950 13 49
Look for any of the following DOH-HSR staff
Mrs. Marilyn E. Crisostomo
Mrs. Claridel H. Sanchez
Mr. Jeffry P. Tejada
Ms. Arianne A. Zamora